1st- Freshman PE
2nd- Advanced PE
4th- Freshman PE
I Graduated from Appalachian State in 2008 with a degree in Physical Education and Health. I started working for Davidson County Schools in the Fall of 2008 at North Davidson.
Black Knight Physical Education
This course is designed to expose you to a variety of individual and team activities. Emphasis will be placed on the assessment and development of your physical fitness. It is hoped that through the basic knowledge and skills learned in the class that you will continue to be physically active throughout you life.
Not Dressing will not be tolerated: 1st offense- Warning
2nd offense- Parent Contact and Detention
3rd offense- Parent Contact and Time-Out
PHYSICAL EDUCATION ATTIRE
- Shorts (sweat pants okay in the winter)
- No spandex or yoga pants (unless you wear your shorts over them)
- T-Shirt (must be worn at all times)
- Tennis Shoes (no exceptions)
- No Sofie shorts will be allowed
- Rentals Available
- YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL SCHOOL RULES IN THE GYM
You will be graded daily on the following items
- Dressing out
- Sport Conduct
LOCKER ROOM AND GYM SECURITY
- Theft is COMMON
- Never bring excessive cash( more than lunch money
- Give Cash to you teacher to lock up
- Never leave pocketbooks, technology, wallets, cash, or any other valuables in the locker room
Classes begin and end with a bell. You are to be in the gym when the tardy bell rings and in the gym/locker room until the bell rings at the end of the period
- You should never go in the NEW GYM without permission from your teacher
- Food, Drinks, Candy are not allowed in the gym
- We will go outside some days when it is cool, please plan accordingly, if you think you be cold on a given day
- We will leave campus to go bowling, you are expected to behave, if this is a problem you will not go, and you are subject to discipline referral
- You bust a light or window, you pay for a light or window
- Negative attitude about a game or activity will not be accepted
- Cell phones will be taken if seen in the gym, please have those locked up with the teacher or in the locker room
- Only a doctors not will excuse you from PE, notes for parents may be taken into account but will not guarantee an excuse
GUIDELINES FOR 9th GRADE PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND HEALTH
I. PHYSICAL EDUCATION:
- All students must obtain a gym suit. If bought from school, the cost will be $20.00.
- Each student must dress out in proper attire and participate every class period. (Proper attire includes gym shirt and shorts, socks and tennis shoes.) Gym suits MAY be available to rent for $.50.
- Only doctors' notes will be accepted to excuse a student from P.E.
- Each student is responsible for his/her own uniform (keeping it clean, bringing it to class).
- No article of clothing worn to school may be worn to participate in with the exception of socks and shoes.
- In cold weather students may bring sweats/jackets to wear along with gym suits.
- Valuables need to be locked in coach’s office. Teachers are not responsible for items not locked up.
- Parents will be called 2nd time student does not dress out. 3rd time student will also be sent to Time Out with written assignment.
- Five points will be deducted from grade if student does not wear gym suit and he/she will not be allowed to participate.
- Two points will be deducted due to improper dress.
- Points may also be deducted for lack of stretching/participation at the teacher's discretion.
- 4.P.E. grade counts 2/3 of final grade.
- Students will have Health 3 consecutive weeks out of each 9 weeks.
- Students are expected to bring book, paper, and pencil to class.
- Each student needs to be inside Health room when tardy bell rings.
- Health grade will count 1/3 of total grade.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION/HEALTH TEACHERS: