Drivers Education Info
******UPDATED ****** (11/17/2023)
Welcome to the NDHS Driver's Education Page
NDHS also serves DECHS
+++ Winter Break Registration has closed+++
Reminder: Please check your emails regularly if you have registered for a class.
NDHS December class is full
This class begins on 12/1/23 and ends on 12/14/23
Make-up-TBA is only 3 hrs due to schedule limitations
(Registration is closed class is full)
Online Hybrid Class Winter Break Class 2023
(Open countywide for all Davidson County schools)
Four days online and one day in person
December 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th and (January 2nd in-person @NHDHS)
Times: 8 am-12 pm 12:30 pm-2:30 pm (Zoom)
On January 2nd, students will report to North Davidson at 9 a.m.
We will review everything we learned, take the final exam, and perform the eye exams on this day.
Students must bring lunches on this day from 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. (Lunch 12 p.m. to 12:30p.m)
(Created for students and athletes where Driver's Education interferes with practices and other afterschool activities)
(Currently, there is no make-up for this class)
(Hybrid Class). Students must be 15 years old on or before 6/1/2024
(Registration is now closed, and classes are now full)
Future Classes Schedule 2023-2024
Registration for these classes has not started
- NDHS Sponsored online Hybrid Winter Break class open county-wide. (Registration is closed)
- DECHS students only in Early February 2024 @ DECHS 3:30 pm - 5:45 pm
- NDHS Early March 2024 After School @NDHS (Registration should open in January)
- NDHS Early May 2024 After School @NDHS
- NDHS Mid-June 2024 During the Summer 8 am-12 pm @ NDHS
- NDHS Early August During the Summer of 2024, 8 am-12 pm @NDHS
- DECHS students only in Early September of 2024 @ DECHS 3:30 pm -5:45 pm
- NDHS Early October 2024 After School @ NDHS
- NDHS Early December 2024 After School NDHS
N.C. Driver's Handbook
Must be paid through School Cash Online BEFORE class starts
We will email you the link after you sign up. Students need to check emails used during the sign-up process.
The link below contains additional information about the class and could answer some additional questions.
Homeschool and Private school students:
Students will be issued a temporary Davidson County email so that they can have access to the materials.
- Must have transportation to and from class for in-person classes
- The attending school does driving unless accommodations have been made.
Please check back with this website. We update it regularly.
Michael Henderson (Classroom/Driver)
Lori Redmond Lead Teacher/Driver
Room Front Office
Randy Freeman (Driver)
Please be patient as we continue to schedule Driving Behind The Wheel for students who have completed the classwork. We usually try to drive you within 30 days of your 15th birthday. The total in-car part of the class is 12 hours.
Please check for more information. This site is updated regularly.
Website updated 1/23/2023